10/1/10

Doormat Wall art



My friend showed me this idea and I love how it turned out.  First take a piece of wood and spray paint it.  Then take a doormat and place it on top and spray paint a second color on top.  Then take off the doormat immediately and you will have a funky design.  The first time, I used the full doormat on two pieces.  The second time, I used the center of the doormat for each piece.  These are especially fun to make when you can't find the right colors of decorations to match your room because there are tons of spray paint colors.  Try it.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love it and I love your new blog look, too! Great job! I did a post a while back about using rubber doormats like these to make window grilles: http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2010/07/window-grilles-on-cheap.html
    Thanks for sharing your lovely, unique art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how this turned out. SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tam, that turned out even cuter than you explained.
    LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete